Wednesday, August 24, 2011

More updates


Bluebird's Circle here! :D Hey guys! I just wanted to say, we've finished the whole script for day one. *hazza!* We'll see what happens!! Most likely, we'll have a demo for you guys soon! ^^ Keep reading for more updates on the patch!



You can ignore Archeia's ranting below but please remember:

We're not giving up on this game and
we'll make sure that it's going to be enjoyable!

With that warning. I'm going on and rant~
I hate to say this but I can see why this game has so many failed translations to English. The script isn't so good. There, I said it!

The game suffers from ellipses overload (ex. Re..........Really......) for almost 95% of the game's script. Almost everyone has ellipses in their sentences every 5-10 of it or some sort. But that wasn't the biggest thing I have against it but rather the one below.

Edward is very unEdward-y, he doesn't react when he's called short, he has SELF-CONTROL which is very unlike him. He's also a complete doormat for some odd reason. I can see him having some self-restraint but not much to this effect.

Example script A:
Fandub: I swore never to put that white, putrid filth in my mouth and I haven't broken that oath since I was seven. I'm not breaking it now. I just don't get how people like that stuff I mean seriously, that stuff's secreted by a cow for hell's sake.

Original: That white stuff that comes out from a cow...how can I drink it?!

And when Al was going to call him short, Edward didn't even try to stop him or react. And when Al cooked food for him that had milk in it, he complained that it has milk and he doesn't want to eat it anymore even though it tastes good.


But!

Even though, Edward greatly dislikes milk, either for its taste, the fact that it is "an opaque, white liquid secreted by a cow" or both. He does, however, greatly enjoy stew and marvels that something comprised mainly of milk can taste so good.


At least Roy Mustang and Alphonse are in character to say the least.

(Ellipses are cut off for the sake of my sanity)

Roy: Speaking of which, this is the first time I've had the opportunity to drink Colonel Elric's tea! But it seems the taste isn't quite enough.
Edward: Well I apologize! I'm not the one who made the tea! It was those people at the other department.
Roy: Is it now? It's not like you could brew such wonderful tea!
Edward: *angry* Re...Really?

I will stop now before I scare people off haha~

No comments:

Post a Comment